1. Take a sheet of pink and a sheet of cream colored construction paper.
- Put them together and fold lengthwise.
2. Cut into one inch wide strips.
3. Cut along the fold lines to create four piles of strips each containing four strips.
4. Cut off the corners making each pile into long ovals for the petals of the daisy.
Just arrange the petals on the paper first. Don't glue yet.
5. Make a plus sign in the middle of a sheet of purple construction paper with four of the pink petals.
6. Take two cream color petals and fan them out like a hand of cards.
- Place the fanned out cream petals over the first pink petal so it peeks out at the top.
7. Fan out the next two cream petals.
- This time place the cream petals over the second pink petal.
8. Fan out the fifth and sixth cream petals.
- Place these two over the third pink petal.
9. Fan the seventh and eighth cream petals.
- Place these over the forth pink petal.
10. Now add the last four pink petals between the cream ones forming a kind of four point pink star.
- Check out your daisy and adjust any petals you'd like to make them more evenly placed.
Now that we can see how the petals fit, we're ready to start gluing them on.
We'll follow a sightly different order, so we can adjust nearby petals as needed before the glue dries.
11. Glue on the pink plus sign.
12. Glue on the first two fanned cream petals.
13. Glue on the second two fanned cream petals.
Here the order changes.
14. Glue on the first pink petal of the star and then adjust (if needed) the cream petals before the glue dries.
15. Glue on the fifth and sixth cream petals.
16. Glue on the second pink petal of the star, and adjust the cream petals if needed.
17. Glue on the seventh and eighth cream petals.
18. Glue on the third pink petal of the star and adjust the cream petals if needed.
19. Glue on the last pink petal of the star and adjust other petals as needed if the glue hasn't dried yet.
Now a 2" x 2" square--or diamond