|Easy Watercolor Envelope and Notepaper|
1. Fold an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of white paper up from the bottom about four and a half inches for the envelope.
2. Fold the flap down about two inches.
3. Using a second sheet of white paper, fold the edge over about one and a half inch.
4. Dampen the crease with a paintbrush dipped in water.
5. Tear off the edge.
6. With crayons, decorate the flap of the envelope and the top of the notepaper.
7. Unfold the envelope making sure the flap decoration is on the top (It should be up-side-down).
- Put the envelope and notepaper next to each other.
- 8. Using watercolors, paint any patterns you'd like on the envelope and notepaper.
- For light colors, use a very wet paintbrush.
- For matching envelope and notepaper, make the pattens similar.
9. After the paint is dry, turn the envelope over.
10. Apply glue to the side edges of the bottom of the envelope with a clean damp paintbrush.
- I used Tacky glue since it isn't runny.
- Make sure to wash out the paintbrush thoroughly with warm water after applying the glue.
11. Fold up the bottom portion of the envelope with glue on the edges and smooth over the edges to securely glue them together.
12. Fold the notepaper in thirds.
- Start by folding up the bottom third of the notepaper.
13. Finish folding the notepaper by turning under the bottom portion as if folding a fan.
- The top decoration should showing.
14. Check that the notepaper fits in the envelope.
15. After writing a note or drawing pictures on the notepaper, put it in the envelope and seal the envelope with a little glue or a sticker.
- Deliver this letter by hand because this envelope is too delicate to go through the mail.
|Seal the envelope with a dab of glue or a sticker|